Your plan can take whatever form makes sense to you (narrative, map, diagram, etc.) You are not limited to addressing only these questions, but at a minimum, you must address them somehow:
- What did your research tell you about how people share ideas in your fields?
- What tools will best allow you to learn about new ideas in your fields?
- What tools will best allow you to connect with scholars and professionals in your fields?
- What tools will best allow you to share you own knowledge, experiences, and ideas with other people in your fields?
- How public do you want to be? Why?
- How will you engage at least once a week with your Personal Learning Network?
- How will you know if your PLN is serving you well or not?
Check out these examples of plans other IDS students have written in the past:
- A student reflects on Twitter and her academic experience: A Student’s PLN
- Take A Day for Yourself: A Student’s PLN
- The FDA, Marketing, & Nutritional Deficiencies: A Student’s PLN
- The Humanitarian Gift: A student’s PLN
- Empathy: A student’s PLN
You should share your plan on your ePort.